Please refer to materials page too.
Materials of doll
- Cloth for bases.
I use cheap cotton cloth which is rougher than broadcloth.
A doll of cheap cotton is fatter than broadcloth doll only a little.
- Stretch fabric for skin.
- Cloth for base of neck. I use cotton flannel.
Soft and thick cloth is good ... towel, wool, or fleece.
- Cloth for lining of arm and ear.
I use cotton lawn. Thin cloth is OK.
- An applicator cotton for nose.
- Stick is the bone of neck. I use bamboo chopstick.
- Polyester fiberfill.
- Cotton batting.
- Woolen yarn.
Fiberfill, cotton batting,
yarn, applicator, bamboo stick,
white stretch fabric, stretch fabric of skin color, cotton lawn, cheap
cotton cloth, cotton flannel.
- Sewing kit (sewing machine, needles, scissors, awl, chalk, and so on).
If you don't use a sewing machine, hand-sew with small back stitches.
- Ordinary thread for base sewing. I use polyester. But silk is better.
- Thick thread for jointing.
- Silk or nylon thread of the same color as skin.
- Tacky glue.
- Big stick for stuffing.
- Thin stick (like a knitting needle) for turning.
- Acrylic colors and small brush. I use Ceramcoat.
- Rouge for cheeks.
- Scale and rule.
Glue, brushes, powder rouge, threads,
marker, pencil, chalk, ripper, awl, scissors, sticks.